a historic day - shipping a new manuscript off to the publisher!


Selfie with Karey Patterson Bresenhan and Nancy O'Bryant Puentes during our last interview for
a new book: "Magic & Memories: 45 Years of International Quilt Festival."
Today is a historic day. I am shipping off the final manuscript to Schiffer Publishing for a new book. This book has been in the works off and on for 4 years!

Schiffer advises against publicizing new books too early, because sending off the manuscript is only the first step in a very long process. It can take up to one year for the book to be completed! So consider this as informational, not promotional.


The new book is a history of the past 45 years of International Quilt Festival and the biography of the two Texas women who created Festival, International Quilt Market, 20 years of Quilt Expo in Europe and so much more: Karey Patterson Bresenhan and Nancy O'Bryant Puentes.

Festival has been an incredibly transformative experience for me. I have been attending almost 20 years and have never missed one. I hope I never do! When I had the chance to spend some time with Karey and Nancy, I began to think about all they had accomplished and I was fascinated by their story. I really wanted to capture all that they have done to change the course of quilt history and tell their story. Its a story about women who forged ahead - they were not afraid! Its a story about family - the two are cousins who were raised as sisters. And mostly this is a story about the willingness to do anything for quilts and quilters - and what more can you say than that!

I'm so proud to be at this point. We are not done with the book yet. There is much more to come. But I'm super excited about 2019 - the 45th anniversary of International Quilt Festival and the debut of this new book.

More than 100 quilts from years past and lots of wonderful historical photos --- all on one small USB included in that thin USPS envelope!



Comments

  1. I'm so excited that you got it off! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Me too!!! It is going to be a beautiful book... can't wait for you to see it.

      Teresa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts