modern quilt finished

The beautiful, muted fabrics of Marcia Derse are featured in this modern, made-to-use quilt! This was a quick project, took about three days to finish.

I purchased a collection of Marcia Derse fabrics some months back. I absolutely love them! They've been sitting, waiting for the right project. I finally decided to make a small quilt to use and put on my couch... slightly larger than a lap quilt, but not too big. This quilt is roughly 38 inches wide by 88 inches long. I used 2 (blue) one-yard cuts on the front and 2 (red/purple) one-yard cuts on the back.  All the quilting is free motion, improvisational. I used this neon yellow thread, Aurifil 2120, vivid enough to stand out but also not too loud.



I must have been in a blue mood. I went a few weeks ago for a nail manicure - something which I rarely take time to do. I have NEVER had my fingernails painted anything other than your usual conservative colors. Something made me go bold. That must have inspired me to start stitching up this cool little modern quilt!

Comments

  1. So gorgeous, Teresa! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks for stopping by. This one was so fun to make!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts