a thing of beauty for my sewing studio

This Christmas, my quilt buddy Amy G. delivered an unbelievably awesome gift. It's a gift that showcases her endless talent and creativity... and it also reminds me of how lucky I am to have such amazing friends!
Check out this beautiful tin box created especially to hold lace and other precious sewing goods. The top is covered with a wonderful newsprint fabric and decorated with a bird's nest and handmade vines with holly.
Handmade card spools covered with specialty papers ... even labeled in several languages... so cool.
And here's a photo of the box with my vintage laces and a variety of ribbons and tulle wrapped on some of the spools.
Best of all, inside the lid, my quilt buddy added some special touches: Third Floor Quilts spelled out in vintage Scrabble letters! I love it. Lucky me.  This is one truly beautiful Christmas gift! Thanks Amy G!


































Jan 2014 Update: Here is the link to the tutorial on how to make the lace cards. This a beautiful blog - check it out.

http://www.todolwen.ca/2012/02/a-new-tutorial-lace-cards.html


Comments

  1. Hi, Teresa. Delightful gift you received. I've enjoyed visiting your very creative blog. The dog quilt is wonderful. Wishing you a new year full of creative adventures!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts